BICENTENARY OF THE FOUNDATION OF THE CONGREGATION OF THE RELIGIOUS OF JESUS AND MARY
- Year of Celebration: October 6, 2017 – October 6, 2018
- Opening of the Bicentenary: October 6, 2017
- Place: Agra, India
- Dates: October 5 – 15, 2017
- Objective: To deepen the missionary spirit that has characterized us from the beginning and to live an inter-religious and inter-cultural experience.
Some information about travelling, and conditions in India:
- Travel – 8 hours from Washington Dulles Airport to Frankfurt, Germany; 8 hours from Frankfurt to Delhi, India with a 4 to 5 hour layover in Frankfurt. Then there is travel, perhaps by train from Delhi to Agra.
- Temperatures – Summer between June – September, can be hot with monsoon rains.
- Clothing – Sisters are asked to bring summer clothes (suggested attire is skirts & blouses) and to bring something to cover one’s head in places of worship.
- Presentation – Representatives of each Province are asked to prepare and deliver a 20 minute presentation on the foundation of their province: reason for its foundation, the difficulties, the challenges and the sources to continue the mission.
Closing of the Bicentenary: October 6, 2018
- Place: Lyon, France
- Symposium: October 4 – 6, 2018
- Objective: To dream the future in the light of our history
- Participants: Religious and Laity
The Symposium will feature presentations on: Claudine and education; Claudine and the women; Claudine and the youth; Claudine and mission.
If you are interested in putting your name in a “lottery drawing”, for either of the Opening or the Closing Event, please send your name to Sr. Rita by April 12, 2017 and indicate which Event.