The Volunteer Program is an opportunity to open a possible way in the society of walls, of separations and of exclusions, so that persons who are on both sides can relate with one another and express in a tangible way that these paths are possible.
Why be a Volunteer?
- Because I feel the impulse to go out of myself and to go “beyond”.
- Because I want to give “freely” what I have received freely.
- Because I believe that this is justice.
- Because I feel a call to go out to the reality.
- Because I want to commit myself with this world and with “my brothers and sisters”.
- Because my life will have more meaning.
- Because I want to go where the heart leads me to…
Source: Web Page Provinces of Spain
The J.M. International Volunteer Program helps us to:
- Globalize solidarity, establish exchanges between countries and regions.
- Accompany persons, specially the youth, in their search for meaning in life and for their vocation, and in their search for God.
- Discover the living faith of people who suffer.
- Help others to become agents of social change / transformation.
- Deepen knowledge of the charism.
- Create possibilities of collaboration with the provinces or communities most in need of pastoral assistants.
The J.M. International Program:
- Promotes collaboration among the provinces which send and receive volunteers.
- Helps to have a broader vision and common criteria.
- It is an openness to the international dimension
- Strengthens the J-M spirit.
- Helps the provinces with the formation of volunteers and offers guidance for the communities.