RJM GENERAL CONFERENCE 2018 – Rome, Italy
At the recent General Conference in Rome (May 24-30), RJM from all parts of the Congregation met to discuss the Global Apostolic Plan. The meeting included input on Communal Discernment and Interculturality, sharing of information on the realities of each province, and discussion of possibilities for apostolic collaboration and changing Congregational structures.
- First image: Sr. Monica addressed the group before the celebration of Mass at La Storta, the chapel outside of Rome where Ignatius prayed to be “placed with the Son.” Pictured with her: our Jesuit presider, Srs. Arantxa Gavelán (Spain) and Margarita Cancheri (Bolivia).
- Second image: one of the three English-language groups. Pictured clockwise are: Srs. Marge Perron (USA); Mary Kelly (Ireland); Marian Saldhana (Pakistan); Helen Mary Haigh (Europe/England); Annie Demerjian (Europe/Syria); and Rosely Joseph (Delhi).
- Third image: Secretaries of the language groups prepare to give their reports. From left to right are: Srs. Eugenia Echeverríaz (Colombia); Ruth Otero (Argentina); Linda ABicha (Africa/Nigeria); Rosemary Mangan (USA); Mary Kelly (Ireland).
- Fourth image: Outside the La Storta Chapel after Mass – a happy threesome: Srs. Felicia Pereira (Pune); Marie Cecile Osborne (Pakistan) and Mary Mulrooney (Ireland).
- Fifth image: Sisters chat while waiting for the bus that will transport them back to the Generalate for the final day of the conference.